What is Hot Potatoes?The Hot Potatoes suite includes six applications, enabling you to create interactive multiple-choice, short-answer, jumbled-sentence, crossword, matching/ordering and gap-fill exercises for the World Wide Web. Hot Potatoes is freeware, and you may use it for any purpose or project you like. It is not open-source.
Download Hot Potatoes for Windows from here:
- Hot Potatoes 6.3 installer (Hot Potatoes for Windows 98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista, version 6.3).
- Hot Potatoes for Linux users running Wine (version 6.3). This is a zip file containing the folder structure of the Windows version of Hot Potatoes. You can extract this to create the HotPot program folder without running the setup program if you prefer.
- Download Java Hot Potatoes
which will run on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux or any computer running a
Java Virtual Machine. To install and run Java Hot Potatoes on Mac OS X:
- Download the file javahotpot61.zip from the link above.
- Unzip that file on your computer, you will have a folder called JavaHotPot6.
- Drag the JavaHotPot6 folder to the Applications directory on your computer.
- Open the folder and double-click the JavaHotPotatoes6 application icon.
- Trash the javahotpot61.zip file.